- The Type of Information We Collect:
- This website generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent. For instance, when ever you register for a service or set up an account/profile to access, visit and/or use certain portions of the website, or the site as a whole, you may be provided with, or required to choose, a password and/or User ID. The provision of your personally identifiable information such as Name, date-of-birth and address is not compulsory, and as such you can choose whether to supply that information.
- Our servers may also automatically collect information about you, your online behaviour and your computer, mobile or other device. The information collected may include, without limitation, the make, model, settings, specifications and geographic location of you and/or your computer, mobile or other device, as well as date/timestamp, IP address, pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, and the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other click-stream data.
d.If you choose to access, visit and/or use any third party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with this website, we may receive personally identifiable information and other information about you and your computer, mobile or other device that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our website to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on our through this website. Some social networking services also will facilitate your registration for our website or enhance or personalise your experience on our website. Your decision to use social networking services in connection with our website is voluntary. However, you should make sure that you are comfortable with the information your third party social networking services may make available to our website by visiting those services’ privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those services.
- How the Website Uses and Shares Information About You:
- We use personally identifiable information you supply through the website to provide you with the merchandise, product, service, and/or content you have requested. For example, if you subscribe to any of our services, blogs or publications we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, and/or to improve the service that we offer.
- Unless otherwise specified on the service, we may share information about you or your computer, mobile or other device, your registration information or any other personally identifiable information. If you have registered on any part of this website, please use the mechanism or contact information on the specific service that allows you to change or update your member preferences or information, if available, to keep all such data accurate and up-to-date. If no such mechanism or contact information is available on the service, please contact us through our main contact page.
- We may also allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. And if you choose to purchase merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation Content, on or through features on the Service, we may forward your information to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification. There are also times when you provide information about yourself to us in areas of the Service that may be managed or participated in by third parties. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies. We may also provide your information to our advertisers, so that they can serve ads to you that meet your needs or match your interests. While we may seek to require such third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use this information except for the express purpose for which it is provided, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
- We reserve the right to access, use, and share with others your personally identifiable information for purposes of health, safety and other matters in the public interest.
- We may also provide access to our database in order to cooperate with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, as well as private parties, including, for example, in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- In addition, we reserve the right to use the information we collect about your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographic location), which may at times be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, analyze trends, track users’ movements around the Service, and to otherwise administer the Service. Geographic location information about you and/or your computer, mobile or other device may specifically be used to show you content and sponsored messaging based on geographic location.
- We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any lawful business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers.
- In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by us, our parent or any subsidiary or affiliated entity are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, the information from and/or about our Service users may be among the transferred assets.
- We reserve the right to identify you from your Registration Information and/or to merge or co-mingle anonymous or non-personally identifiable data about you, your offline and online behavior, and/or your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographic location), with your Registration Information and/or other personally identifiable data for any lawful business purpose.
- Local Device Storage and other Tracking Technologies:
- The Service may place and/or store code or other types of information and/or devices (e.g., “cookies”) on your computer, mobile or other device (“Local Device Storage”). We may use Local Device Storage for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to determine which of our messages have been opened by recipients so we can gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, to control the display of ads, to track usage patterns, the movements of individual users, and your geographic location, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to conduct research, to deliver editorial content, to record registration and personalization information, and to otherwise administer the Service. For example, if you register on any part of the Service and are given the option to save your user name and password, we may provide this convenience to you via Local Device Storage. Local Device Storage may also collect and store your personally identifiable information, which may be shared with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and other companies.
- If you do not want Local Device Storage, your computer, mobile or other device may include an option that allows you to not accept it. However, if you disable Local Device Storage, some portions of the Service may not function properly.
- In addition to Local Device Storage, we may use web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, and similar technologies (collectively, together with Local Device Storage, the “Tracking Technologies”). We use Tracking Technologies for all or some of the same lawful business purposes we describe above for use of Local Device Storage.
- How to Opt-Out of Third Party Tracking Technologies:
- Transfer of Information:
- Information Security and Notification:
- Because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using the Service you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use the Service, including without limitation your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
- Moreover, if you elect to store information, such as your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, where others may access it, we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. If you lose a computer, mobile or other device, or it is stolen, that contains your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, it is up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
- In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile or other device.
- Children and Parents:
- This Service is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 16. No one under age 16 is allowed to register for the Service or provide any personally identifiable information or use our social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, personal/job search and other classified ads, and elsewhere. Minors between the ages of 16 and 17, inclusive, must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on this Service.
- If your children disclose information about themselves in publicly accessible areas of the Service, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should tell them not to do so.
- If you’re worried about your children’s activities or their privacy on the Service, we encourage you to contact us via our main contact form.